Sunday, October 21, 2012

If I didn't have enough to do already!

Remember this a few post back?  I was looking for a small table for my kitchen and came across this one at a resale shop. It was dirty, dark brown and needing some tlc.




I picked up a Rust-Oleum Furniture Transformation Kit. I wasn't sure how this was going to look because the top has a laminated circle on it.











I decided that I would try to make it look like granite or something as close as possible. I picked up a Martha Stewart Craft Kit. It is great with all these
 different type paint tools.


The first thing I did was use the deglosser in the Rust-Oeleum kit. Then I lightly sanded the top of the table that was laminated. I had a base paint made up in exterior grade and proceeded to paint just the laminated circle. I then let that dry. I had 4 containers of Martha Stewart specialty paints and I begin to dab them separately with the sponge from the kit. I let that dry and then went on to put the bond coat on the rest of the table.

The direction are easy to follow in the kit. Once I went through all the steps, this is my outcome.
I had left over material in the kit so then I tackled two lamp tables I had picked up at a resale shop.
This is with the base coat.






And here it is finished with glaze and top coat.

 I am pleased with my outcomes and ready to tackled some more furniture. Say good bye to brand new and hello second hand. Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment